Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 August 2008

X-FILES: A DISAPPOINTMENT

Although the new X-Files movie entered the UK box office charts at number 4, our local cinema has decided to pull the daytime screenings and re-schedule the film for mid to late evenings from Friday onwards. Owing to the fact that we don't own a car and our local bus 'service' provides a skeleton run at night, we're unable to see the film during its theatrical run as I had to work today.So, a BIG thank you to the firm I work for, with regard to changing my day off work for the umpteenth time and pissing me about yet again. I can fully understand why the cinema chose to do this, even though I'm mildly surprised it didn't last for more than a week of 'all day' screenings. Personally, I think a little more care could have been taken with regard to the release date. It's not exactly a quiet month at the cinemas as several movies are more than fulfilling prior expectations with high audience figures.
Ah well, we await the DVD!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear. It came and went at my local cinemas before I had a chance to see it. I'll have to catch it on dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keith. A real shame it was pulled so soon. I reckon it must have done decent box office in places like London, and not so good in other smaller cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe how poorly the film faired...only lasted two weeks here. I suspect it will be a smash on DVD...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it either, Jeremy. it entered at number 4 in our box office and I hoped it would play at a decent hour for a second week so we could see it. I also think it will have legs on DVD, and can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete