Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 October 2008

SPOOKS: SERIES 7 BECKONS

I'd almost given up on terrestrial TV, when news came through that series 7 of SPOOKS will begin on BBC1 on 27th October at 9.00pm. The opening episode (1 of 8) is a two-parter, which will conclude the following evening, and concerns the kidnapping of a British soldier by an al-Qaeda cell who demand the cancellation of Remembrance Sunday in return for his release. Richard Armitage joins the cast for this series, playing an agent who has been held in a Russian prison for the past 8 years, and it will be interesting to see how this strand develops. As part of this series was shot in Russia, viewers can expect echoes of the Cold War, and a flavour of the old spy thrillers of the '60s. There has been a rumour doing the rounds that one of the major players here may well be leaving the series with a bang. All will be revealed over the coming weeks, so settle on the edge of your seat and prepare to be enthralled by another slice of one of our finest shows.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. I watched the earlier seasons of this show (here in the States it's called MI-5) on the A&E Network. Then BBC America was showing it. Now I'm having to get it on DVD from Netflix. I'll be starting with the 5th season when I pick back up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my wife told me Spooks is screened in the States but couldn't remember its title over there. Glad you are following it, as it's a great series and one of the few shows I avidly watch on our 4 channels.

    ReplyDelete