Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 January 2010

TOP TEN BLU-RAYS OF 2009 PART EIGHT: MOON


Featuring a terrific shift by Sam Rockwell as an astronaut whose three-year stint on the moon is coming to an end.
Set in a future where fuel is mined from outer space, MOON is of the old school sci-fi canon but constantly belies a £5 million budget to amaze with the director's sheer creativity. There is a spoiler I don't intend to give away, except to say that I don't believe it came too early in the film; indeed, it's so refreshing to encounter a film that doesn't rely on the 'big reveal' and instead goes on to examine its implications with a generous amount of running time.

The Blu-ray transfer is sharp and colourful, and you'll find a nice selection of extras to enjoy.
Another great directorial debut.

2 comments:

  1. This was one I really wanted to see when it was out in limited release this summer, but I never did. It comes out on the 12th, here, an I'll finally catch up with it. I'll make sure to pick up the BD, too. Thanks, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the disc. Really is one for multiple viewings.

    ReplyDelete