Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 January 2010

TOP TEN BLU-RAYS OF 2009 PART SEVEN: FRANKLYN


Set in the parallel worlds of contemporary London and the futuristic fantasy locale of Meanwhile City, Gerald McMorrow's feature debut has inspired many derogatory comments ("losing the plot" is one that springs readily to mind) but this one stood out for me as a brilliantly conceived tale of four individuals whose personal crises connect in a stunning final act.

I'm pleased to see the Blu-ray release - though light on extras - delivers a crisp transfer, with different colour schemes for each of the four main characters.
Full marks to McMorrow for his ambition, guts and talent which make this a film to savour over multiple viewings.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard or seen this one. But, I will rectify that! Thanks, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hope you like it. I'm sure we all have individual films that we feel 'were made for me' and, for me, this is one such movie.

    ReplyDelete